Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Rants Are Always About TV

Warning: This post is completely pointless and was a result of my boredom.

I feel like I'm in eighth grade again. You know that feeling you get when you hear a song from a long time ago and it feels like you went back to the time where you first started to it? You know what I'm saying? It's like if you really like this song and you put it on continuous repeat for five days, and then you just stop listening to it. And four months later, you listen to the song again and it feels like it was four months ago? Well, that's what's happening to me.

I remember listening to Last Night by Diddy and Because of You by Neyo all the time in seventh grade. They were all the rage. Everyone loved those two songs. And if I listen to it again right now, I would feel like I'm a seventh grader. Ah, Last Christmas by Ashley Tisdale. I think that's the first song that made me feel like this. I remember listening to it in December '06. And I was like, this is the best song ever. But, you know, now that I look back on it, I'm just like, I cannot believe how poppy this song is. Pop is so lame. But anyway, I remember listening to it again during December '07, and I was just like, I feel like I'm in seventh grade again. How awkward. So that's the first time that, I guess, in Marshall's words, I experienced musical revertigo. But back to the point of this blog.

So I was watching TV all day. And I'm serious when I say all day. I haven't watched TV all day since I was a little kid. Maybe the last time was seventh or eighth grade. But I woke up at 10 something today and watched TV all the way to 5 something. It was the only thing I did. I didn't even leave the couch. I remember doing this for the entire weekend when I was a little kid. I was such a TV maniac back then. I could recount every little detail of any show that I watched. I am not kidding. And it was just so easy to remember back then. It was such a big part of my life, I can still recall episodes of Even Stevens and Lizzie McGuire. I guess it kinda died down in fifth grade when I got addicted to Neopets. But then it came back after fifth grade. I still remember watching TV while doing homework during eighth grade. That's just how important TV was to me. But after Lowell... and all the homework that came with Lowell, I stopped watching TV overall. I just didn't have time. So today was the first real time I truly watched TV in two years. It wasn't just watching it for a while and then calling it a day. It was full commitment. So yeah. It was kinda like revertigo. But that wasn't the only because of TV. I guess TV was a huge part of it, but a smaller part of it was because of candy. I had completely forgotten that, when you're a little kid, Valentine's Day isn't about relationships and whatnot. It's about candy. It's all about the candy. I was so wrapped up in the madness for the past week, I completely forgot about the true meaning of Valentine's Day: the candy. So when I saw a huge bag of candy that my brother brought home from school, I was just completely shocked. Taking that and adding in hours of TV, I had a revelation. I don't know exactly what my revelation is about, but I do know that I've been over thinking it. The madness, that is. I don't know. I just know that I've been over thinking everything and that I should just stick to my morals and just be a kid. I mean, why am I inflicting so much pain onto myself? Am I masochistic or something? I don't know.

Hmm. I just realized that after all of that, I still haven't gotten to why I feel like I'm in eighth grade again. So after the candy and the TV and the revelation, I decided to go back to my room. I turned on my computer, went on Youtube, and for some reason, decided to look up Lady Gaga. I listened to Eh, Eh. And then musical revertigo happened. It felt like the days of the play. You know, staying after school, going to Eggetes, that kind of stuff. And I guess it's just that the song is so carefree compared to her other ones. And the music video and everything. It's just so carefree. And that's what eighth grade was about. Especially March to May. You know, the musical rehearsals. And even though it was the first time I heard this song, it just brought me back. It reminded me of songs from back then. Like Touch My Body, Selfish, Low, Love In This Club, Bleeding Love, Take A Bow, and No Air. Whoa. Just naming those songs brought me back. I don't know. It was just that her music video was so sunny. And I remember the final week of rehearsals was the hottest week ever. And I don't know. Because of the carefreeness and the sunniness, I experienced musical revertigo.

Huh. This blog sounded a lot cooler when I was planning it in my head. Oh well. Anyway, I'm sick, so sorry I haven't been on AIM and Facebook and stuff. I just don't like going on the internet when I'm sick. But I feel a heckofa lot better now, which is why I'm on Blogger. But I'm still not going on AIM or anything. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, so it's Chinese New Year. Yes. My family's so lazy. We didn't even go bai neen-ing. Huh. I just realized that we only have one relative here, so there's really no point. But still. We used to go out to Chinatown when I was a little kid. It's fine, though. I don't like Chinatown anyway. It's disgusting. Whoa. Long post, long post. This post was kinda pointless, though. So I think I'm gonna scroll back up and add a warning. Okay. Done. VIVIAN OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment