My mother and brother have been in China for a week now. A weird side effect--I don't seem to miss them. I know. It doesn't really make sense. Well, the way I see it, there's no point in missing people. I mean, what's the point of missing someone when you know they're coming back? The only reason you should ever miss someone is when you know they're never coming back.
Or rather, that's the way it's supposed to be. I guess I'm just sort of a kind of rather awkwardly abnormally weird, because I don't really miss my grandfather or uncle. Or other grandfather. When I think of them, I just think that they're all sort of not alive anymore. But I don't miss them. I just think that if they had one last wish, it would be that they wouldn't want people to be all sad and stuff. When I die, I won't want people to fuss over me. They should just... bury me and get the job done.
I don't know. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't miss my mother and brother. It makes me feel like I don't have the feelings that everyone else seems to have. Well, I guess I don't miss them because I know they're coming back. And I do seem to like my brother more. This week without him has sort of improved my image of him. But I still dont exactly miss him.
On a side note, while I was in the car en route to Chinese class today, I realized the car in front of me had the license plate reading "GHOST" No lie. It was awesome. I knew that some sort of awesome MLIA moment would happen--I anticipated that it would just disappear right in front of my eyes. But it didn't. I kept my eyes on it, though. Then it cut to a different lane. I could still see it. But then, I swear to GodBuddhaBarney, it disappeared. I only looked away for two seconds, and it was gone. It was awesome.
Well, that's it for today. Sorry to bore you with all the weird deep down meaningful stuff. I don't usually think about that kind of stuff. I didn't think I would be able to handle such a deep and meaningful topic, but I did. And I'm proud. Of myself. VIVIAN OUT.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment