Thursday, January 28, 2010

Madness Over Madness

So there wasn't that much madness today. But the Westboro Baptist Church came to school to protest. Bunch of duofags. We had a whole counterprotest and everything, but iono. I just didn't feel like we made much of an impact. Especially since we couldn't see the WBC and they couldn't see us. I'm pretty sure they felt our energy, though. But the thing is, it didn't really make an impact. I mean... I guess we raised morale and supported gays and stuff, but that's just on the defensive. We wouldn't even be doing that if the WBC hadn't gone on the offensive and picked on us. And they only stayed there for like twenty minutes. And the rally was so anticlimactic. I mean, nothing happened. They just stayed on the other side of the street. And we couldn't even see them. Iono. I just expected more to happen, I guess. I just expected... well, either the WBC come and attack us, or for us to take some action and just yell at them. But I don't want us to like go up to them and eliminate them or something. I don't want that. If we did that, then we'd just become them. And I know there wasn't anything we could do about it. Having that peace rally was the best we could do. But it's just that... I expected more interaction or something.

But otherwise, my day was pretty good. Went to the Wellness Center to get condoms. They ran out. Oh well. But yeah. Otherwise, pretty good.

Except for part of the rally where I saw him everywhere. And stood near him for a while. My end-of-the-days are always plagued by this. But the madness didn't even come that much today. I guess the madness of the WBC overcame the usual madness. But now that the WBC crisis is over, the regular madness will come and take over yet again. Sigh. VIVIAN OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment